Friday, December 31, 2010

Master Bedroom

The wall behind the bed used to have bi-fold doors that opened into the loft - the area that is now Dave's office. We are SO happy that we had the doors taken out and the wall closed.

The cedar chest at the foot of the bed was given to us by Honey and Granddad when we got married. My wedding dress and veil are inside along with special baby clothes.



The rocker was Honey's, and I reupholstered it all by myself! The door is into the master bathroom.



As you may have noticed, I collect Willow Tree angels and boxes. Dave brought this round box to me from Tanzania. Oh, and I won the lamp at Bunco. Good prize, huh?



This assortment has a few pieces Dave brought me from Amsterdam (the blue ones) and others that have been gifts from friends over the years. The white milk glass pieces had been Mamaw's. The flowers were actually from our wedding. My friend Peggy made all of the bouquets, and these were left over.


This is Dave's chest of drawers with a signed print that his mom's cousin Frank McCarthy did.



I love these books on his chest of drawers under the lamp. He's a good Daddy.





1 comment:

Lori said...

This is great! The wall makes a HUGE difference...bath looks AWESOME - love framed mirrors! We have done all of our as well. So easy to do and makes a HUGE difference!

Paula's Heart

Sharing life on the road less traveled